We're Looking for Outstanding People!
Click on the picture to go to a free Enneagram Assessment.
Clearview Animal Hospital seeks Licensed Veterinary Technicians to join our team of animal care professionals.
Located in the charming city of Clearview, WA, Clearview Animal Hospital is just a stone’s throw from beautiful stretches of farmland, a 10 minute drive to historic downtown Snohomish, an hour’s drive from downtown Seattle as well as an hour’s drive from all the mountains, hiking, and camping you can handle. The clinic itself is located on a beautiful, wooded lot, with plenty of privacy and space for patients to stretch their paws!
Our, independently owned, three-doctor practice is growing steadily, and we are looking for polished LVTs to assist with challenging orthopedic and soft-tissue surgeries as well as routine dentals, derm cases, diagnostics, and preventative care and wellness exams. Ideally, you’ll have at least 3 years of experience under your belt, and you’re just as comfortable answering the phones, vetting appointments, and discharging up front as you are keeping-up with diagnostic requests, call backs, and surgery prep in the back.
We seek to utilize the strengths of our team members while we work together towards growth through education. Do you enjoy all things dental prophy? Would you like to scrub in as a surgical assistant for a TPLO? Do you find you have a gift for educating clients on a level they understand? We value CE and seek to find opportunities for our employees to stay current on the every changing veterinary world. The CE’s we have provided are lunch and learns and virtual CE’s. We regularly send staff and teams to conferences.
As a technician at Clearview Animal Hospital, some responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Primary patient care with knowledge in pre-operative and post-operative care
-Monitoring anesthesia of geriatric and pediatric patients
-Assisting with oral surgery and advanced dental procedures
-Perform medical admissions and discharges
-Perform proper equipment and instrument care
-Collecting samples and requesting diagnostics
-Compensation will vary by experience, but typically this role earns between $24 – $30 / hour. As a member of our team, you’re eligible for medical and dental benefits, 401k and matching, CE, and clothing allowance. You’ll also receive 8 days’ vacation in addition to your normal WA PTO accrual. No overnight patient boarding or on-call emergencies.
We are open Monday - Friday, 7am to 6pm with no weekend or emergency hours. (We value the time we spend with our families). This is a full time position (30-40 hours per week). We have 10 hour shifts to give you more days to spend with your family.
Qualified applicants should have:
-Current WA State Veterinary Technician License or be scheduled to take the state test.
-Ability to hold/restrain patients calmly and with care. Fear Free training is a plus.
-Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
-Clear, concise, and caring verbal and written communication skills.
-Enjoyment in interacting with people, pets, and working in a team environment.
-A desire to learn and grow.
-Ability to handle sometimes difficult situations calmly and compassionately.
-Ability to maintain focus and clarity in a fast-paced environment.
-Be a self starter.
-Ability to follow directions and clinic guidelines.
It’s part of our mission to foster a workspace where both clients and staff observe professionalism and respect for one another. We do not tolerate bullying or abusive behavior from clients, as it’s very important for our team to perform their best for our patients in a distraction free environment. It’s also part of our mission to continually learn and grow as professionals, to drive toward improvement and change, and to keep our heads up in the face of complicated or unfamiliar situations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $30.00 per hour
401(k) + matching
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
10 hour day shift
Monday to Friday
Experience: Veterinary experience: 3 years (Preferred)
Email us at [email protected]
Want to be supported in life as well as in career? Do you love to learn? Can you care for a client's pet like they are your own? Then you should come check us out in friendly South Snohomish.
We are a privately owned, four-doctor, small animal practice in beautiful Snohomish. Some of the most important characteristics in an ideal applicant are the ability to handle stress well, the willingness to receive feedback and learn, attention to detail, a great work ethic, and a great attitude. As an integral team member, you will be responsible for the pet’s care from arrival to egress. Team members are heavily cross trained to improve the customer experience and to empower themselves. We are looking for self-starters motivated to provide exceptional patient care, day-in and day-out.
CORE VALUES AT OUR CLINIC
PATIENTS ARE PRIORITY: quality comes before quantity—always.
INTEGRITY IS EVERYTHING: have a strong moral compass to sustain honesty with co-workers and clients.
NOBODY IS TOO GOOD TO HELP: we all pitch in to get the work done.
OFFER SOLUTIONS: come to the table with solutions not just problems.
IF YOU DON’T KNOW, THEN ASK: there is no shame in ignorance--that is where real learning begins.
KNOW BETTER, DO BETTER: to improve our level of care, we must actively seek out knowledge.
WE FIND STRENGTH IN COMPASSION: be kind, everyone’s limitations are different.
INCLUSIVITY: we accept, respect, and support differences as well as all types of positive self-expression.
GROWTH: be motivated to learn and to become your best self.
- Walking, cleaning, feeding, and providing treatment and on-going care for patients.
- Answering phones within three rings, assist reception with scheduling when needed.
- Admitting and discharging patients, including carrying pets to and from clients’ cars as needed.
- Accurately capturing medical history into the practice management software
- accurately entering medical notes for exams.
- Creating, reviewing, and communicating client discharge instructions.
- Providing proper restraint for exams and treatments.
- Performing venipuncture and collecting specimens for diagnostics.
- Placing intravenous catheters and assisting with induction for surgery.
- Setting-up and assisting with other common procedures
- Demonstrating familiarity with drugs and their uses and ability to calculate drugs dosages and accurately fill medications.
- Caring for hospitalized pets and administering treatments
- Assisting with accurate and timely anesthetic monitoring.
- Assisting Veterinarians and technicians with obtaining radiographs and dental radiographs.
- Maintaining a sanitary and stocked hospital facility for pets and co-workers.
- Attending staff meetings.
- Utilizing in-house inventory procedures to ensure items are stocked correctly.
- Washing laundry used in the care and treatment of patients.
- Bathing patients as needed.
- Assisting technicians with appointments such as nail trims and fluid administration.
- Dealing with clients and staff in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact, professionalism, and is consistent with our core values.
Candidates who are certified veterinary assistants will receive higher pay initially. Our company culture rewards professional growth. We are happy to help assist you with any further training or educational reimbursements.
· 10 hour shifts/4 day work week
· Monday – Friday
· No overnight, weekend or after-hours
Looking for empathetic souls that are champions for pet care.
We are a privately owned, busy, 3 doctor, small animal practice in beautiful, bucolic Snohomish. Team members are heavily cross-trained to improve the customer experience and to empower themselves. Some of the most important characteristics in an ideal applicant are the ability to handle stress well, the willingness to learn, attention to detail, a great work ethic, and a great attitude. As an integral team member, you will be the face of our clinic. As such, your responsibilities will include:
- Client Communications: answering phones/emails, scheduling appointments, pet visit follow-up calls, and other client interactions
- Phone calls to remind clients of appointments and instruction as needed
- Checking in your patient, including carrying pets if needed (must be able to lift 40 lbs)
- Gathering and entering medical history into the practice management software
- Determining when there is a medical emergency
- Reviewing discharge instructions with the client
- Checking out clients and helping patients out to the car
- Avoiding giving medical advise over the phone
- Keeping accurate record of communications with clients
- Knowledge of our payment policies
- Scanning medical documents
- Managing and mailing out sympathy cards
- Helping to maintain a sanitary and well stocked environment for our pets and co-workers
- Attending all staff meetings
- Must be able to work energetically for entire shift, sometimes exceeding 9-10 hours per day. Shift does not end until all duties are completed.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19
We are happy to train eager individuals. Customer service experience is a must! Our company culture rewards professional growth. We are happy to help assist you with any further training or educational reimbursements.
About Snohomish, WA
Want to have a little more breathing room, a bucolic setting, but with all the perks of urban life? Snohomish is an ideal place! Snohomish sits on the northern bank of the Snohomish River and is filled with local flavor including restaurants, local wineries, and craft breweries. Farms that are just minutes from downtown provide produce that’s sold at the weekly farmer’s market in the warmer months. For the fall/winter seasons, fun pumpkin patches and cut-your-own tree farms are plentiful! Snohomish is a wonderful place to start your outdoor adventures with the start of the 30 mile multi-use biking/walking/Equestrian Centennial trail from downtown. Snohomish hosts yearly wine tasting and brew festivals for the adults, Kla Ha Ya days for the kids, and garden walks for all. There are 3+ ski resorts within driving distance of Snohomish County. Washington loves to get out to the mountains, and there are tons of easily drivable hiking trails and campsites. There are also plenty of lakes and rivers to enjoy in and around this area. Snohomish is a 40 minute drive to Seattle, 15 minutes to Everett (where you can enjoy the pacific sound), 20 minutes to Bothell and Woodinville (where you can find great restaurants and wine tasting rooms galore!).